Monday, November 29, 2010

Family!!!

Hey Fam!

So I made a connection with an Elder in the MTC that I always forgot to tell/ask you guys about. I saw him at the Temple when we went last week and we remembered together that we need to find out how we are related! His name is Elder Roundy, but his grandparents are Richard Knudsen and Nancy Jack (Rick and Nancy...ironic right?!) and his parents are Leesa Knudsen and Ralph Roundy. Do you know if and how we might be related to them?

Yesterday was Sister Felipe´s Birthday! We had a little party/Family home evening with some members, The Moura Family, and Danilo, Benedita´s son and Francine´s boyfriend. It was fun!

So I had a really cool experience this week. Remember those two girls from the family that went to church last week? Well...the situation got ugly...in short they pretty much just wanted material help and after they got it the mom went a bit crazy and is avoiding us at every cost and got super upset at the fact that we invited her daughters to be baptized. Yeah...thats not the cool part, dont worry! So we both got very frustrated and upset at the situation when we went there on Wednesday night. It was a very bad night for us. Very very bad....BUT that night I really needed to feel better, so I opened up my Book of Mormon where I am reading and sat on my bed to read. I started in Alma 24 and it was good and all, but when I arrived in Alma 26 I knew that I was suppose to be reading in that chapter without a doubt. Specifically verses 22 and 27. Read them and you will see how they were perfect for me that night. I started to cry as I read those verses....knowing that even though those words were written by men 90 years before Christ was born, they were written with the purpose of helping me that night. Yes, they had many purposes, but one of those was to help me. I know that God exists. That he knows us and has blessed us with much more than we even realize. I know we are His children. I know that there is no limit to his love, mercy, and grace. I know that He send His Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins because he loves us. I know that the plan of God is PERFECT. I know that we must live our lives aware of his love and influence and do all we can to receive the blessings of heaven that are waiting for us. We must be worthy. We must be alert. We must actively choose to follow him and not fall into the temptations of the devil...

Thanks for all your support love and prayers! I love you soooo much!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment