Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Drum roll please.......

Oh how I hate and love changes!

I was transfered! I am now in city called Osasco in the capital. My area is novo Granado and Im with a really sweet, obedient Brazilian sister, Sister Santos.

I already miss Sister Winters tons and all the people there! I bawled my eyes out with Aldenio and Michele, but we had a really good lesson that we brought our bishop and his wife to and I am feeling like they willl be baptised one day. Hopefully sooner rather than later! they were really sad to see me go. Aldenio is a crack up. He said, 'you cant leave now, im finally able to understand you!" He use to have lots of problems undertanding me! he said i talked way too fast! haha! story of my life!

So I forgot to say that the world cup is happening right now! you guys probably don't even know exactly what it is, haha! Brazilians don't believe us when we say that the World cup is hardly known or watched in the US! Just in case, it is the big worldwide Soccer (Futebol) championship that happens every 4 years! Its in South Africa this year so I'm wondering if Roberts getting a front row seat! What is his address/

So last week was really cool because the cute family that has the daughter in a wheelchair went to church finally and we had some good lessons with them!! I still dont know if they will progress much right now, because they are very happy already and they dont want to change their lives to have church/religious obligations like daily reading and going to church every Sunday, etc. We are hoping they will really pray and receive an answer!

Awesome story; In my first month here we met a woman with a little boy with CP. She wasnt very interested in hearing our message (we talked to her in a street contact) but enjoyed seeing the pics of Erik and talking about them. We tried to go back and teach her so many times and she always said her son had lots of therapy and wouldnt let us in. she told us to call and gave her number. we tried calling and she still was always too busy.

Well...she finally let us in yesterday because I told her I was leaving the next day so she let us come leave a message finally! it went good!! it made me happy!! Thanks Erik!! You are definitely a blessing to more than you know!

Sister Knudsen

PS got the package! thanks so much! its perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment