Sunday, December 13, 2009

We love P day!!

Today is my one-month anniversary at the MTC! CRAZY! Time has flown by!! Did I say something similar to that in my last email?! I apologize if so...but time really does disappear here! It's insane!

Being the one-month mark, today is the day we stop talking in english in our classes! We also start teaching our TRC lessons completely in Portuguese! Up until now, we have had a 15 minute segment in the beginning where we do an activity in Portuguese (like a street contact, or getting to know someone, and then come back and teach in english.) Nao Mais! Its all Portuguese from here on out!

I love the Portuguese language! I still cannot make the nasal sound (correctly, that is) but besides that, it's going good! The grammar rules are complicated, but I'm trying to get them down! I am pretty sure its going to pick up and really sky-rocket now that we are stopping the english. I haven't been practicing enough, but I have a new goal to really hit it hard since it is MUITO IMPORTANTE!

The teaching is going well too! I love teaching the gospel....just have to say that! And I hope I can continue to learn more about it and have the Spirit with me more constantly in my life!

Other Randomness: I have a cold right now. Its lame! But I am SO grateful its not swine flu, so all is well!

I love love love my companion, district, our adopted district, our new roommate Sis Hansen, and my teachers. They are so much fun and are teaching me so much!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment