Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our first email from Erin!

Oi Familia! Tudo Bem?!
(Hi Family! How are you?)

I already know (with some help from my notes) how to say a simple prayer in Portuguese and how to bear a simple testimony! It's exciting!

I love all the learning! We are in the classroom for most of the day but it is broken up into personal study, companion study, teaching/PMG lessons, and language lessons. Our goal with portuguese is to be completely off english by December 11! That is soon! But I believe it can be done and I'm excited!

So I am really loving it here. Don't feel sad, I DO miss you, but I am focusing on what I am doing and it is AMAZING! I am in a trio companionship with two fantastic sisters: Sister Riggs from the Dallas Texas area, and Sister Kessler from King City, California (Monterey county). Sister Kessler is the sister who is from Nana's ward I'm pretty sure, so small world!! They are both really fun and definitely here for the right reasons! We have a lot of fun together! (*Edit from Andrea....Nana is my husband Devin's Grandma, she had told us when Erin got her call that there was a girl in her ward that also got called to Brazil, now they are companions! Weird!!)

Address update: The address I gave you for the MTC is right, but my mailbox number is 169, so you can add that in.

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well! I love you so much!! Your love and support mean everything to me while I am here!

The church is true...that is confirmed to me in everything we do here. The spirit is very strong here!

Well, I am running out of time (30 mintues per P-day) but just so you know, we had a half P-day today but it will usually be on Fridays, so you should get another email from me next Friday! If you email me back by then, I'll update you on the visa stuff! haha!

LOVE YOU!

Sister Erin Nicole Knudsen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear all about Erin's mission via this blog. Thanks Andrea for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. I can't wait to read all of her mission stories. This word of the day thing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete